tirsdag 5. oktober 2010

6th Oct.

Hi!

Kind of a late update, but better late than never!

It's bedtime and I'm finishing this post which I've been writing on all day..

I arrived in Japan around midday, and then i sat on a train for 8 hours before I arrievd in Okazaki (actually more like 7 trains since I had to change so many times). Well spent the first night in a hotel close to the railway and was picked up the next morning and driven to the school. After fixing some papers and a bit of sight-seeing i was picked up by a friend of the family. The candy shop is actually more of a cake/cafè shop thingy. Then we went to see the host family's apartment.

I think I got the best host family there is! They help me with every possible thing. They try their best at talking to me, even though my japanese is really bad. And the home is constantly filled with friends of the family, so there is always people around. At the same time only some of them know english, the rest not so much, thus I learn alot.

I've eaten a lot of new kinds of food, and most of it is really good! And eating with chopsticks isn't really that hard, you get used to it pretty fast.

Oh, and I was at Karaoke with family and friends (around 13-14 people). I'm not BSing when i say that all japanese have a nice singing voice, I was really stunned by some of the singing talents there! I think the fact that i sang english songs saved me from total embarassment (japanese thinks people who know english are really cool)

Edit (i forgot): Today's interesting fact: The japanese drink a lot of cold tea (without sugar or milk or anything). They just boil some tea, then put it in the fridge. Isn't that bad actually.

















I bought a camera today, so expect some photoes in the next posts!
Lasse

1 kommentar: