lørdag 16. oktober 2010

School life and festival in Nagoya

Greetings to you all!

Just finished my lunch consisting af curry-noodles, liquid banana and a pizza bun.

Well other than that school has started and I should actually be doing my homework now, but I'm sacrifising my time to write this stuff for you! I've gotten into a really nice class, there's five people from taiwan; one australian; a lady from New Zealand; a girl from Mexico; another from the Philippines and an american girl. The teachers are nice and the school looks okay. We're encouraged to speak japanese at all times, and this is sometimes the only option since not everyone speaks english.

Apart from school, I went along with some classmates and other people from School to Nagoya. Nagoya is the largest city and capital in Aichi prefecture (where I'm now). There's a big festival currently taking place in Nagoya. We went for some sight-seeing and to look at the parade. The parade was a mixture between school, brassbands and such, and historical persons (shoguns and emperors i guess), samurais, ninjas and princesses.

On a more personal note, I've learned a lot these two and a half weeks I've been here. Constantly hearing new stuff and trying to memorize it as best I can. But still there is o'so lot to learn!

Today's interesting japanese fact: In Japan you never bring your umbrellah into your house, as this is seen as bad luck (i guess). I made this mistake and the host daughter looked at me like I was total idiot. So I promptly went out and put it in the umbrellah holder.

Well, until next time peeps,
Lasse

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar